PreparatoryThe St Peter’s Anglican Primary School Prep class is a pre-kindergarten class set in purpose designed learning spaces within the grounds of our school. Children participate in a program where they play, investigate, communicate and develop all the skills necessary to make a successful transition to Kindergarten. They complete pre-literacy and numeracy activities, as well as visit the library, have chapel with a member of the St Peter’s ministry team and enjoy time with our specialist music and PE teachers.
Generally children have already turned four when they commence Prep, however, applications can be lodged for children who will have their fourth birthday prior to 30 April in this pre- Kindergarten year.
There are four separate Prep classes, with options available for either 2 or 3 day programmes. Children may be enrolled in one of these classes.
- The classes operate during all four school terms.
- The full class enrolment is 22 children.
- Fees for Prep (Pre-Kindergarten) are invoiced to parents prior to the commencement of each term.
- Acceptance into the Prep program enables progression into Kindergarten and beyond.
- The class operates from 9.00 am to 2.45 pm and the children are signed in and out by a parent or carer.
- Children in Prep are able to access Out of School Hours Care for an additional fee.
Children bring a packed recess and lunch each day. They wear the St Peter’s sports uniform throughout the year.